News Media Resources
Chief Marketing Officer
Sustainable Real Estate Solutions, Inc.
Project financing, which requires no taxpayer funds, is crucial to meeting Colorado’s public policy goals that seek to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, increase renewable energy deployment and create local jobs.
For building owners, the Colorado C-PACE (Program) solves important financial hurdles by providing:
- 100 percent financing (up to 20 year term; no out-of-pocket costs)
- Competitive, fixed interest rates
- Project qualification is based on building finances, not the owner’s credit, net worth or personal guarantee
- On an annual basis, typical projects are cash flow positive to the owner
All projects have multiple participants including government officials, building owners, contractors, capital providers and banks which hold a first mortgage. Each of these “stakeholders” has an important role to play in the development and implementation of a successful Project.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most “Frequently Asked Questions” from the media include:
- Which counties are participating in Colorado C-PACE?
- Does Colorado C-PACE use taxpayer dollars to fund projects?
- What are the costs to county governments?
- Is the program voluntary for building owners?
- What property types are eligible for Colorado C-PACE Financing?
- What energy efficiency improvements are eligible?
- How is a Colorado C-PACE assessment repaid?
- In the event of bankruptcy, how is recovery money allocated?
- Does a contractor need any special licensing or certification?
- How does a contractor “register” for the program?
- What is the role of the mortgage holder?
- Why have mortgage holders embraced well-designed Colorado C-PACE projects?